Thursday, July 23

laughter...

really is the best medicine...

Here's some things that happened yesterday that just made me laugh...and still making me laugh...

*I put Carson down for "quiet time" hoping that he would take a nap. I go downstairs for a few minutes, then hear Andrew screaming..."MOMMY..." I head upstairs to find Carson in the tube of toothpaste AGAIN with a toothbrush full. I reprimanded him, went to go put him in his crib and all I could smell on his breath was the toothpaste. I couldn't hardly keep a straight face while telling him not to get into the toothpaste anymore. So of course we all start laughing.

*My visiting teachers were coming yesterday morning and I told the boys that when they showed up, to find something in the playroom to play with while we were talking. Well, when the girls came to chat for a few minutes, we sat down on the couch and the boys were acting all shy. They form a single file line and head into the playroom. I'm thinking that maybe this time they actually listened to me. Not a few seconds later they come back out of the playroom armed and ready to play with toys that they have not touched in months. And they are ready to play in the living room, right underneath me. They bring out toy after toy until the rug is completely covered. I try to tell them nicely to take the toys back into the playroom and go play. Spencer goes back in the playroom and brings out the whole laundry basket full of tractors. Then he has to go and get a container of rocks that we use for sensory activities to go in one of his grain tractors. As if one container isn't enough dumped out all over the floor, he goes and gets another container of rocks and starts to dump them out. When I try to politely tell him to stop and take everything back into the playroom, he looks at me as if to say..."What are you going to do if I don't". What really goes through my kids' heads when company comes over? They think it's a time to bring out every random thing possible and it's show and tell time. Reflecting back on yesterday I can laugh about all the toys everywhere and rocks all in the rug, but at the time I was steaming mad because they weren't listening...

*I had a training meeting last night for the preschool job I'm going to have in the fall. The training was pretty um... whatever... but at the end the lady starts handing out doorprizes for the person that got there first, the person with the most staff there, the one who had been teaching the longest, etc. And then we all just start busting out laughing when she says, "Don't knock the doorprizes. Because of budget cuts, we had to simplify." She was handing out ziploc bags of hotel shampoo, conditioner, and soap for doorprizes. And to top it all off, one lady said, "Do you have anymore with shampoo, I only got conditioner?" The other doorprizes were stuff she had cleaned out of her desk and the supply closet...used post it notes tabs, highlighters and erasers... It was hilarious. I don't remember much about the training, but I definitely will remember all the cheezy doorprizes handed out.

*Spencer can be the next OxiClean spokesperson. We were driving in the car and out of the blue he said, "Mama, do you know that OxiClean can take stains out of anything. Like when we get stains on our church shirts, it will take the stain out. Or you can use it on rugs, carpet, pet stains, sheets, anything. Or if you put a scoop of it into the washer, it will help clean your clothes better." I just started dying laughing. He had almost memorized the entire commercial. I asked him where he had gotten that from, and he said on TV. Goodness, we better be super careful about what he watches on TV :)

2 comments:

Tat said...

I am laughing with you. These all sound familiar!

Valencia said...

These were so fun to read! I love it!!! Kids are so funny and they do say the "realest" things! :)