Tuesday, September 7

good times…

Carson has been an only child for the past 2 days, while Spencer and Andrew went to Shaun’s parents for a few days. He really is almost a perfect little angel when he’s by himself. The other boys must bring out the devilish side in him. Spencer and Andrew have been anticipating staying with Gran and Papa all summer and their excitement finally became a reality on Thursday. Although right after Christmas, upon finding out that he could come stay with Papa for a few days when it got warm, Spencer had almost all of his clothes packed ready to go. Since it was still winter at that time, he had only packed his short sleeve shirts from the previous summer and no shorts because he said that his other ones might be a little small when it got to be this summer.

So… I met Mike a little less than half way {they drove a little longer than we did}, and time we pulled up to the gas station, the boys were just about ready to jump out of their seats to go spend some time with them. We waited for a few minutes on them, and time they saw their car pull around the drive, they were ecstatic. Mike pulled into a parking place, Spencer jumped out, ran to the other side of the car, opened the passenger side door, while I’m asking him “What in the world are you doing?”, then he replied, “I’m getting my bags so I can go.” OK…this was all before Mike and Greta could even get out of their car. So needless to say, Mike and Greta should better have been ready for these crazies to come spend the night.

When I called yesterday to see how they were, Mike said that Greta had taken them to the beach and they had stayed 3 hours. Goodness… Then I talked to Spencer and he told me about their day and the “cuge” {huge is the translation word for that} waves in the ocean. Then he said that he was taking guitar lessons right then. He had found one of Ainsley’s guitars and was “practicing”. Andrew talked about all the shells they had found and that Papa was taking them fishing the next morning. Then they were going to pick corn and tomatoes. So Mike and Greta have their hands full. I think they got talked to A LOT on their way home Thursday night.

When Carson and I got home on Thursday, I told him to get ready for bed, and he said…”Where’s Andrew, he needs to get ready for bed too…” So I guess he missed his arch rival just a little bit ☺

On Friday morning, Shaun took Carson fishing at my dad’s lake house. That little trip was the only consolation to Carson when he found out he wasn’t going to Gran and Papa’s. When Shaun told him on the phone Thursday that that’s what they would be doing while Spencer and Andrew were gone he looked at Spencer and said, “You’re going to Gran and Papa’s”, then he pointed his finger at Andrew and said, “And you’re going to Gran and Papa’s”, then pointed the finger at himself and said, “And I’m going fishing with Daddy, ha….ha”. So he was excited to be able to do that all to himself. This was his first real fishing trip because the other boys have only been allowed to go because Shaun can’t handle all three of them at one time. And he didn’t do too shabby for his first time either. He caught 6 fish and 1 catfish.

2010-09-03 kindergarden - carson fishing

kindergarten and Carson fishing

Carson had a busy day on Friday because after they got done fishing, Carson got a bath {because he reeked of fish} and we headed up to Aiken to see Alecia…my former mission companion that was with me for half of my mission to Chile. We never thought that she would only be a little over an hour away and our kids would be able to have playdates together. We had the best time with her and her daughter Ruthie just hanging out and chatting. Ruthie tried and tried to get Carson to play with her and he wouldn’t at first. After some snacks and some TV watching and him warming up to where we were, he finally succumbed to her pleading to play with him. They shared a recliner, crackers, fruit snacks, and toys… So I think he had just as good of a time as I did. We are definitely getting together again!

052

059

061

062

063

1 comment:

alecia said...

ha ha. We had such a great time, too! Ruthie is still begging for Carson.